The Trinity – The Triune Godhead
Topic: One of the most perplexing things is that our God is one and yet He is three—the Triune Godhead.
Verses to Consider: Genesis 1:1 &1:26;
Matthew 3:16-17; 28:19-20;
2 Corinthians 13:14;
1 Timothy 2:5
• Who are the three persons of the Godhead and how do they relate to one another?
• What are the roles or tasks of the three persons of the Godhead—how are they different in what each does?
• What are key passages to talk about the unity/oneness of God? What are key passages to explain the three persons of the Godhead?
• Is there a helpful diagram or illustration to explain the triune Godhead?
• If you studied only the Old Testament, could you come to know that God is triune? What about from General Revelation alone (meaning no Scriptures)?
What are some old beliefs that I need to lay aside and new beliefs I need to adopt:
What are some old behaviors I need to lay aside and new behaviors I need to adopt:
How does this truth affect relationships…
…with my spouse (if appropriate):
…with my child/parent:
…with my employer/employee:
…with my friends:
…with my brother/sister:
…with those in authority:
How does this truth help me in overcoming the enemy’s schemes?
How does this truth help me in pursuing the mission I have in God’s kingdom?
One Thing I Will Do This Week:
1) God is one
2) The Godhead has three persons
3) The differences between the three