Our Topic…what is the actual authority of the Bible.
Verses to Consider: John 10:35; Revelation 22:18-19; Matthew 5:17-18; 1 Corinthians 14:37
- How high in the pecking order is the Scripture?
- I’m responsible to know the Scriptures (interpret it myself), so does it still have authority over me?
- How does church history/tradition relate to the Scripture?
- Is the Bible sufficient for what God wants us to know?
- How does the Bible relate to science
What are some old beliefs that I need to lay aside and new beliefs I need to adopt:
What are some old behaviors I need to lay aside and new behaviors I need to adopt:
How does this truth affect relationships…
…with my spouse (if appropriate):
…with my child/parent:
…with my employer/employee:
…with my friends:
…with my brother/sister:
…with those in authority:
How does this truth help me in overcoming the enemy’s schemes?
How does this truth help me in pursuing the mission I have in God’s kingdom?
The Scripture is superior to me
The Scripture has a claim on my life
Its authority leads us to a right relationship with God
Have a learning, submitting, growing, awe-filled approach to the Scriptures