- There are 9,608 ethnic people groups and 15,942 people-in-country groups, counting each group once per country of residence.
- Of the 15,942 total groups, 6,430 are Least-Reached, totaling 2,576,038,000 individuals.
- Of these 6,430 groups, 4,975 are in 10/40 Window countries. That means 77% of the unreached / least-reached people groups are in the 10/40 Window.
- The largest least-reached group is the Japanese, with over 120,000,000 individuals.
- 3,285 groups are primarily Muslim, totaling nearly 1,300,000,000 individuals.
- 2,436 groups are primarily Hindu, totaling about 900,000,000 individuals.
- 561 groups are primarily Buddhist, totaling nearly 375,000,000 individuals.
- 6,486 groups are primarily Christian, totaling over 2,000,000,000 individuals. “Christian” is defined here as Christian adherents, not restricted to evangelicals.
- The Mandarin Chinese is the largest people group, being in 98 countries with a total of about 793,000,000 individuals, and with 783,000,000 of those in China.
- Jews are found in 130 countries, Arabs in 84 countries, and Chinese groups in 117 countries.
There is still lots of work to be done!
Here is the latest from thechurchplanter blog…the blog connected to thechurchplanter mini-magazine of Kurt Miller